We all know that as a group Fruheads are egomaniacs with no self esteem problems.
OK stop laughing
The reality is that we often praises others then runourselves down. I have a challenge for you. Say three nice things about yourself. Not your friends, not the people you admire about yourself. Yes I mean you. You know who you are and if you don't I'll give you the look of disapproval that Giles gives Buffy.
lawrence · 18 years, 11 months ago
Say three nice things about yourself.
1. I'm good at editing , rewriting, and proofreading; I can even successfully translate documents written in Andyese into Standard Written English.
2. I'm a pretty good cook (I'm sitting on my groceries) and in some cases, I'm a very good cook.
3. I'm cuter than Pete Best.
Not only are you cuter then Pete best, but you are even cuter then most women I know (Very few women came as pretty as you.) And you are the bestest proofreader!
Hee hee.. someone just put on the power wall "It amuses me that someone who abuses her liver as much as Anni does is so particular about dental hygiene." and I wrote out a list of things I do other than abuse my liver.. So here it is!
Yay for edit! and not being able to count to 3!! *actually I just finished reading the start of this topic, and noticed that he said 3 things.. although I have 4 now.. but they are 4 good things!
Josh Woodward · 18 years, 11 months ago
> I don't eat yogurt
All right! Now that's a good vegetarian - yeast cultures are life, too! ;-)
I always eat my vegitables
dude. I can't think of any more right now.
Starfox · 18 years, 11 months ago
Well, I have no problems with self-esteem. Wasn't always the case, but now I have very high self esteem.
1. I'm intelligent and hardworking. 2. I'm good at what I do. 3. I am a good husband.
danced with Lazlo · 18 years, 11 months ago
okay, this is tricky...
1. I do my best to always *be* myself in the truest and deepest sense. I do not strive to know myself because to do so would imply a sepatation between the mind doing the knowing and the self being known. I try to live without this separation, thereby living as honestly as possible.
2. I am reasonably good at a great number of things. I am not exceptional at any of them, but I am proud to be a jack of all, or at least many, trades. I am reasonably artistic. I am a reasonably good musician. I can juggle reasonably well. I make reasonably nice chainmaille and jewelry. I am a reasonably good writer. I am a reasonably good cook. Just for example. I'm reasonably good at picking up any skill that someone is willing to teach me... and many that no one is... I just decide to learn and do so.
3. People who I think are very special also think that I am very special. That has to say something good about me, if only in the context of what matters most to me. And that's good enough for now.
Gordon, what on earth posessed you to ask this question? Why do you want to read Fruheads stroking their own egos?
I also find it interesting how so very certain so many people here are of their own intelligence. No judgement in this observation... it is only an observation.
Andrea Krause · 18 years, 11 months ago
I think Gordon's on a mission lately to foment discussion 'round these parts. :)
My intelligence is the only source of self esteem I really have. I don't think I'm brilliant or anything, but I know I'm smart. You can insult my looks or my voice or anything and I'm fine...but if my intelligence is questioned or if I'm intellectually humiliated it crushes me.
Hrm. I guess my three.
1. I'm fairly smart. At least smarter than the average bear. Maybe. :)
2. My silliness and personality quirks tend to make people smile.
3. I have REALLY good vision. I like to scare people with it. :)
Lisa Kay · 18 years, 11 months ago
has anyone else noticed the running theme of 'being smart'. I think a lot of what draws FHDCers together is having been only accepted in arenas where there intelligence was praised. not particularly surprising, we're all geeks! anyway. why i'm so great? well, there are a million reasons but I guess if I have to make a list of 2-dimentional virtues:
*sigh* I wish I could be a geek like you! I'm still stuck on 'sorta nerd, with a small amount of hip-ness' I'm even slightly a trend setter! You should see all the people carrying around lunchboxes as purses now! F*ckers.
Man, I am totally a dork. That's just a realm that hasn't been dove into yet, je pense. In fact, I even have the famed bumper sticker:
I © Dorks!
This can go into another whole realm of conversation... but to keep it on topic, dorks have self esteem issues too. We just tend to compensate for them by being über-weird. :o)
Josh Woodward · 18 years, 10 months ago
> I © Dorks!
You copyright dorks? Or is my ascii mapping fubared? :)
nate... · 18 years, 10 months ago
Fubar. came out right for me. :)
Although, "I copyright dorks" is pretty freakin hilarious. :D
For the longest time I had "I © Canadian Boys" in my AIM profile... and then someone asked me why I was ©ing Canadian Boys... Hoo... those were the times. :o)
--Rachel Marie (Rai)
You forgot "So damn sexy everyone wants to run for presidency with me."
I wouldn't mind being stuck on a deserted island with Talcott.... so long as there weren't bugs.. and it was warm.. and we had food and beverage... and shelter..
no one · 18 years, 5 months ago
Finally thought of two.
1: When I make a mistake, people can often make me realize the error of my ways.
2: Occasionally I can even work it out myself.
That is sort of the idea of this thread. Gella asked why I started it. Its' because I so often hear Fruheads talking like that. Sometimes we need to see what's good about ourselves. I know you can think of three good things about yourself. That goes for you too. You know who you are.
you keep saying "you know who you are" well you must not be talking about me because I dunno what the frick you're talking about... who am I? .... what am I doing here?
I think he's talking about me... everyone thinks I have low self esteem.. Well I don't! Do I? Do you think I have low self esteem? I think I'm going to go hide in a dark pub, by myself.. and my southern comfort..... :^P
renita · 18 years, 10 months ago
well. then. I'll provide three for you.
plays an awesome saxaphone (she's not just 'good for a woman' she's just GOOD
is one of the coolest moms EVER.
recently started drinking scotch.
I could go on--that's just to get you started ;D
bored, bored, bored.... · 18 years, 10 months ago
Have I mentioned lately that I love Renita? ;-) Thanks, babe. I needed that.
MAC · 18 years, 11 months ago
I am... 1.) Good at Bass. 2.) A music junkie. 3.) Fun to be around (i hope) wow i sound so cocky *hides*eep!
Arbie · 18 years, 11 months ago
1) I am almost as eclectic and well rounded as I want to be.
2) I am sensitive and caring and people confide in me, which I feel is the best compliment ever.
3)I don't give up easily
I'm such a softy. You didn't post and I didn't do any thwacking.
goovie is married! · 18 years, 10 months ago
OK, OK, fine. Bastard. :P
1. I can sing pretty well.
2. I can write pretty well.
3. I can make people laugh.
Um. Sure. Why not.
So does bullying someone to list there good points help their self esteem? There are some questions it's best not to ask.
There are still some redheads that need to post!
I geuss I am all about my red head and I can't see past her. Of course one look at her and you can see why! SHE IS A BABE!
*scolds andy for embarassing her and asks him to say three nice things about himself*
Well besides the fact my girlfreind is cuter then any menber of the beatles put together? She is also prittier then Catherine Zeta-Jones!
I am cute! I am an extremely talented artist! And I make people laugh how is that?
angelmusicmaven · 18 years, 10 months ago
1. I'm a fake redhead b/c I've known that's where it 's at for years.
2. I work the Pollyanna effect on people (make 'em happy)
3. Impeccable taste in music
Ellen, keep posting so I have more pics of Tork on my screen. What a cutie.
*posts just to add another pic of peter tork* Yeah. Um. Fake redheads represent!!
Andrea Krause · 18 years, 10 months ago
Zil..but I think she already wrote...me, sorta, but so did I....Jaci, who may be one of 'em....
You are supposed to say three things! Say two more. Actually say three more, not being a geek isn't a good thing. Of course you really are one :-)
I need a bout of this every once in a while.
1. I get good grades... and I've finally chosen a major! Whee linguistics!
George E. Nowik · 18 years, 10 months ago
1. people smile because i am silly.
2. i can sing in tune. mostly.
3. i still dream.
-= george =-
jen · 18 years, 10 months ago
1. I'm helpful and friendly to people, even when i don't know them/may not like them
2. I am a good writer
3. I'm witty.
Eri · 18 years, 10 months ago
...stuck. I'll think about it and get back to you, I'm having a low day.
1. you's one SEXXY BITCH
2. you's gotz MAD JAZZ SKILLZ
3. you's good cuddlin'
Sara Woodward · 18 years, 10 months ago
well, i've been avoiding this one for days. still don't feel very self-esteemy, but inspiration seems to be lacking here, so i'll just plow ahead anyway...
1. i'm a good kitty mommy (isn't he cute?!)
2. i make pretty quilts that make people happy
3. umm, darn it! well, i'll fill this one in later.
uhh, thanks for the replies, but I really was planning to come back and fix this... not that i don't appreciate the help! anyway, my third one:
3. i make yummy desserts
Andrea Krause · 18 years, 10 months ago
3. You're a very supportive friend
4. You're darn smart
5. You're a great listener
6. You put up with Josh. :) (Um...hi Josh!! :) :) )
I doono Gordon, men like you make me question my sexuality!
So, does it defeat the purpose of avoiding this forum by posting to it to say that I'm avoiding this topic?
Uhm... uhm... *edges slightly away from the forum*
Why does that sound so threatening when you say it?
soul groove feline · 18 years, 10 months ago
I'm already answering for you. :)
1) Lacy is cuuuuute! 2) Lacy is a great friend 3) Lacy makes cookies!!!
and there's lots more, yo.
*ignoring for the moment any responses that might already have taken up Talcott's challange*
Er... I thought about this. Here's an attempt.
1. People seemingly like my baked goods
There, are you people happy now?
It's like jumping into a cold swimming pool. The trick is to just dive in.
Lisa SnuggleQueen · 18 years, 10 months ago
1. according to frulie i have 'encouraging ways'
2. according to eri-faerie-jazzyberry-strawberry lady i'm sexy
3. well, i -am- the snuggle queen. *grin*
bored, bored, bored.... · 18 years, 10 months ago
and don't forgot that you have the greatest laugh in the world!
and you make really good cookies!!! *remembers the ones you sent her for christmas a couple years ago*
and you always send me cards with fun time confettie in them!! heheheee I like to caryy around the haloween glitter for as long as I can, occasionaly leaving little glow in the dark sculls in my wake all through the year! yay.
emilie is CRANKY · 18 years, 10 months ago
okie. i think i've found a couple.
1. i can sing opera almost as well as sophie bevan. *smugness*
OOO then I'll have two friends who are opera singers.
1. I may not be the best musician in any specific way, but my strength lies in being able to learn quickly and be well-rounded and flexible.
2. I'm always there for people. Helping people out when I can makes me happy, especially when it entails bringing people together.
3. I'm technically minded by learning on my own, without much instruction. I like learning by experimenting and doing, rather than reading out of a book.
You must first create an account to post.