About
Member Map
What's New?
Fruvous Dot Com
FHDC FAQ

Welcome, guest!
Create an account for a personalized experience,
or log on if you have one.

"Minnie the Moocher" from the "Philadelphia Folk Festival 40th Anniversary" box set

Discussion: "Minnie the Moocher" from the "Philadelphia Folk Festival 40th Anniversary" box set
Jason · 9 years ago
Hello, all you true- (or is that Frü-?) believers, I am still in search of one last track:  "Minnie the Moocher" from the Philadelphia Folk Festival 40th Anniversary box set.  Now, I have an mp3 of one version of theirs, which starts off with a surprise visit from Grandpa Früvous.  He starts reminiscing about the old days with Yoko Ono and Kenny Arnoff, and then goes into "an old-fashioned sing-a-long".  Can anyone shed some light on where this one is from, and how can one tell if they have the Philly F.F. version?  I don't want to have to pay $50.00 just for one track, and I definitely don't want to pay that much if I already have that version! Thanks much in advance for anyone's help.  Jason
Griznuq · 8 years, 1 month ago
I have that same version on MP3. This is the only album I see it on: http://www.allmusic.com/song/minnie-the-moocher-mt0012671186 
Griznuq · 8 years, 1 month ago
Wow, I just looked around here, I've really kicked up some dust on this site... I feel like Indiana Jones, wandering around the ruins of an ancient website. :D 
Jason · 8 years, 1 month ago
Glad someone else is.  Thanks for pointing out where I could hear, at least, part of the track.  I know now that the version I have is not from the box set. Does anyone have this set? 
Jason · 1 month ago
I bought the box set 3 years ago.  I think I finally have everything the released.

You must first create an account to post.

©1999-2024 · Acceptable Use
Website for Creative Commons Music?